The act of logging in to the Nighthawk router opens the possibility to change the home network settings. Users also need to go through the login process to set up Nighthawk router. However, it has been noticed that users are unable to complete the Netgear Nighthawk router login process. It is because either they are unaware of the complete steps or commit a mistake while executing the process. Whatever the situation is, the information provided here will help you with the router login process.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Login Methods
There are two methods to log in to the Nighthawk WiFi router. The first one requires you to access the web-based management panel whereas in the second method, a mobile application is involved. What are those methods called? The figure given below will let you know.
How to Log in to Nighthawk Router via Manual Method?
Here are the steps that you must follow to log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router using the manual approach. But, before that, consider verifying the LAN connection between the router and the modem. It must be created with the help of a working Ethernet cable. Also, the cable must be connected to the Internet port of the router and the LAN1 port of your modem. Once confirmed, follow the steps highlighted below:
- Turn off your modem and then the router.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Switch on the devices in the same sequence as you powered them down.
- Thereafter, switch on the computer or laptop.
- Connect the computer to your Nighthawk router’s WiFi.
- You can also connect both devices using a LAN cable.
- Once done, open Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Enter routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.
- Pressing Enter will take you to the administration window of the WiFi router.
- Here, input the user name as admin.
- The password will have the value that you assigned to the router during the setup process.
- Select Log In.
Note: The default password of a Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router is “password”. So, if you are logging in to the router for the first time, consider using the default value.
In the next moment, you will find yourself on the Status page of the router i.e. the Nighthawk router set up wizard which is an indication that you’ve completed the WiFi router login process. However, avoid inputting the incorrect web address into the address bar of the browser. For example, using routerlogin net instead of routerlogin.net will redirect you to some other pages instead of the one that you want to land on.
Netgear Router Login Steps Using Nighthawk App
Users who do not want to be involved in the mess of accessing the router’s web-based management panel choose to proceed using the Nighthawk router app. The reason being, the app provides a user-friendly interface using which one can manage and monitor the home network from the palm of the hand. Here are the steps that you can use to log in to your Netgear router via the Nighthawk application:
- Verify the cable connections and power cycle the home network.
- The gap between the powering off and on of WiFi devices should be at least 15 minutes.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone and connect it to the WiFi router’s network.
- Once done, open the web browser and visit nighthawk-app.com to download the app.
- You can also download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Let the app get installed on your mobile phone.
- Launch the app.
- If you already have a Netgear account, use its details to access your router.
- In case you want to log in to the router using the admin password, enter the admin details.
- Tap Sign In.
- You will be taken to the BASIC Home screen.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully logged in to the WiFi router using the Nighthawk router application. Now, you can change the settings of your router or complete the Nighthawk router set up process.
Netgear Nighthawk Login Not Working?
Many users are complaining that they cannot log in to their WiFi routers even after following the correct steps. In case you have also concluded that the Nighthawk login is not working, consider trying your hands on the tips given below:
- Update the platform (web browser version or Nighthawk app version) you are using to log in to your WiFi router.
- Do not make the mistake of entering the router login credentials. It has already been mentioned that these details are case-sensitive.
- Ensure that your mobile phone or computer is connected to the router’s WiFi network throughout the login process.
- Consider restarting your WiFi router if all your attempts to complete the login process go in vain. You can also restart the modem.
- Be certain that the router is present in the range of the modem. However, it never means that these devices need to stick to each other.