Can’t Setup Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3000?
With patented FastLane3 Technology, the Nighthawk X6S WiFi range extender introduced by Netgear is an ideal choice for every house’s internet needs. No matter whether you wish to connect to faster internet in the backyard, garage, or kitchen, it will cover all areas of the house with 3Gbps WiFi speed. However, it has been noticed that users are facing problems while installing their Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3000 WiFi range extender.
Are you also among them? If yes, then there are chances that you are not familiar with the correct steps to complete the process. Whatever the reason is, this page will provide you with the whole nine yards of the extender setup procedure. Apart from this, you will also get to know what can be done to improve the extender’s efficiency after the installation process.
How to Set Up Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Extender?
If you are not familiar with the Netgear glossary, then you might be unaware that every Nighthawk range extender can be installed using two different approaches. The first approach is named the manual approach whereas the second one is called the WPS approach. Before we guide you about how to setup Netgear Nighthawk extender, we would like to brief the difference between these approaches.
|S. No.||Parameters||Manual Method||WPS Method|
|1||Setup approach||The user needs to access the web utility of the extender||Only a button is required to be pressed from the user’s end|
|2||Requirements||WiFi router, PC, Ethernet cables, browser, and extender’s defaults||Nothing; just your WPS-supported home router and extender|
|3||Time needed||A few minutes to an hour||4-5 minutes|
From the above table, it is clear that the WPS approach of installing the Netgear Nighthawk X6S extender is easier than the Manual one. Therefore, first of all, we will try to make you understand the steps involved in the WPS method. But, you must know that you can’t go for this one if your home router does not support the WPS function at all. The next section is all about implementing the instructions to execute the Nighthawk extender WPS setup process.
How to Use WPS Method for Nighthawk X6S Setup?
Prior to starting the setup process, you are advised to power down your WPS-authorized home router. In addition, bring your X6S AC3000 range extender into the room where you have already placed the router. Once done with these things, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Power up the router and then your wireless range extender.
- Thereafter, find the WPS button on the extender and press it.
- You are suggested to implement the previous step on your WPS-supported router too.
- Has the 2.4GHz LED on your extender become stable? If yes, go to the next step.
- Press the WPS button on your router and extender once again.
- This time the 5GHz LED of the extender will glow.
- The installation process completes!
Points You Must Not Miss!
This is to inform you that some router models do not have the WPS button on their hardware but support the WPS configuration. In that case, the user is required to access the web-based utility of the router through the default IP and click the WPS option after pressing the WPS button on the Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3000 extender. However, the buttons are supposed to be pressed within the time frame of 2 minutes.
Once your AC3000 WiFi range extender gets configured through the WPS approach, you can use the Netgear Nighthawk app to manage the home network.
You have no option other than using the manual approach for the installation process if your home router supports the WPS configuration not at all.
How to Set Up Netgear Nighthawk X6S Manually?
We’ve already told you that you’ll need to make some arrangements before setting up the range extender manually. Therefore, get hold of Ethernet cables, a laptop, the user manual of your extender (for the default values), and of course the home router. Apart from this, power down the router and bring your extender into the room where your router operates. After that, give a shot at these instructions.
- Strongly connect your router and extender through an Ethernet cable.
- Thereafter, switch on the router > extender.
- Switch on your laptop and hardwire it to the extender.
- You can also opt to connect your laptop and extender via WiFi. Check the label for SSID and password.
- After a successful connection, visit mywifiext.net or access 192.168.1.250.
- You will see the login portal (not applicable in every case).
- Click the NEW EXTENDER SETUP option and choose the MODE.
- Select the NETWORK TO BE EXTENDED and then give the SSID and WIFI PASSWORD.
- Make other changes and save them.
- You can start using the extended WiFi!
Here, the instructions to install a Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3000 extender. You are free to make changes to its settings either via the Nighthawk app (available on Google Play Store or App Store) or through the login URL. Moreover, the Nighthawk app for Windows 10 can also be used when it comes to home network management.
Improving Extender’s Efficiency After Setup
Here are a couple of things that can do to make your extender high-performing after completing the setup process:
- Update its firmware regularly
- Always keep it in the range of the main router
- Do not place your Nighthawk X6S AC3000 extender in a WiFi interference zone
- Power cycle the extender twice a month
- Enable FastLane Technology
This is how you can improve the efficiency of your wireless range extender. If you are thinking about improving its security too, then you can consider assigning it a new admin password.