Netgear EAX20 Setup
EAX20 is a WiFi range extender from the AX1800 franchise brought in by Netgear. Those who own the same extender model can take the help of the instructions provided on this page to learn about the Netgear EAX20 setup process. Apart from this, the page will also discuss a few things regarding the performance status of the range extender.
How to Set Up Netgear EAX20 Extender?
The EAX20 WiFi range extender supports the WPS configuration. Therefore, you can setup Netgear Nighthawk extender with the help of the WPS approach. However, that is not enough. Your home router must also be WPS authorized. Given below are the steps that can help you install your Netgear EAX20 AX1800 extender through the WPS approach.
Before starting, ensure that you’ve got an undamaged range extender unit from the manufacturer’s side. Otherwise, you might encounter problems while setting it up.
- After unboxing your AX1800 (EAX20), bring it into a room where your router is placed.
- Power on your router and then the range extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your home router and then the EAX20 extender.
- The 2.4GHz LED on your extender will light up.
- The next step is to establish the 5GHz connection. Thus, press the WPS button again.
- You’ve completed the setup process.
You can also use the Nighthawk app for the installation of your extender. Apart from this, the web-based setup wizard of the extender can also help you with the setup procedure. But, for the second approach, you need to visit mywifiext.net or http://192.168.1.250 on an updated web browser.
Is Your Netgear EAX20 Not Connecting to Internet?
After completing the setup process of the extender, the user can enjoy the extended network through Netgear_ext. But, it seems that your AX1800 EAX20 extender is not connecting to internet after the setup process. Given below are the pointers that will help you understand what to do in that case:
Reduce the Bottle Necks: Your Netgear range extender might refuse to connect to the internet if there is too much networking hardware present in its location. Therefore, you are required to remove all the other obstacles except the main router from the room.
Eliminate Signal Interference: Signal interference factors like microwave ovens, televisions, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, geysers, etc. can also prevent your extender from connecting to the internet. Keep them away from the Netgear EAX20 extender.
How to Log in to Netgear EAX20 Extender via Browser?
To log in to your Netgear EAX20 extender with the help of an internet browser, go through the following instructions given below:
- Connect your computer or laptop to the extender’s WiFi network i.e. Netgear_ext.
- Once done, fire up an internet browser such as Chrome or Safari.
- Go to the address bar of the internet browser now and type mywifiext.net there.
- You should use the mywifiext.local address if you are using a Mac system.
- The Netgear EAX20 login window will show up.
- Enter the username and password you’ve assigned to your device during the installation process.
- Hit Log In.
Here completes the Netgear extender EAX20 login process. Just in case you are unable to recall the administrative password of your extender (the customized one), you are suggested to perform a factory default reset on the extender.
How to Complete Netgear EAX20 Reset?
To perform a factory default reset on your range extender, you need to follow these steps:
- Ensure that your EAX20 AX1800 Netgear extender is connected to a working outlet.
- Disconnect every device connected to the extender.
- Once done, locate the Reset button and press it with the help of a sharp object.
- If you keep the button pressed for 10 seconds, the Netgear EAX20 reset process will complete.
After you’re done resetting the extender, you will have to go for Netgear AX1800 setup once again. You can refer to the instructions provided at the beginning of the page for the same.
The default password to log in to the extender is admin. However, you are supposed to use this password value only if you doing Netgear EAX20 setup. You cannot go with the default value of the EAX20 password if you’ve ever customized the value.