Netgear EAX15 Setup and Management
Installing the Netgear EAX15 range extender should be the first thing after you bring it into your house. The process is quite simple as you only need to install the Nighthawk app on your mobile phone. Mentioned in the next section are the instructions using which you can complete the Netgear EAX15 setup through the mobile app.
How to Use Nighthawk App for EAX15 Setup?
The first thing you need to do is ensure that your mobile phone has the latest version of the Netgear Nighthawk app installed on it. Once done, you can follow the steps given below to complete the installation via the app:
- Connect your EAX15 to the main router using a LAN cable.
- Now, switch on the router and then the extender.
- After that, connect your mobile to Netgear_ext when the WiFi light on your extender becomes stable.
- Launch the Nighthawk app.
- Complete the login process of the extender using the default values.
- Read the on-screen prompts to complete the setup process.
This is how a Netgear EAX15 extender can be installed using the Nighthawk mobile application. However, you also have the option of using the mywifiext.net URL for the setup process. The reason being, it facilitates Netgear AX1800 setup for all the child models including the EAX15 extender.
Understanding Netgear EAX15 Lights
Getting acquainted with the extender’s LED light will be quite helpful when you start using it. Know that whenever the extender falls victim to any issue, its symptoms appear through the colors flashed by the lights. If you decipher the message conveyed by the light, you will be able to resolve the related problem easily.
|1||Power LED||Solid amber||The extender is being powered up||Wait and let your extender boot|
|Solid green||Your extender is powered on||No workaround|
|Off||EAX15 is powered off||Power up the extender|
|2||Router-Link LED||Solid green||Best connection between the extender and router||Nothing required|
|Solid amber||Good connection between devices||All OK|
|Solid red||Your Netgear EAX15 and router are connected improperly||Connect your devices|
|3||Client Link LED||Solid green||Great connection between the extender and the client device||Nothing required|
|Solid amber||Good connection||Everything fine|
|Solid red||Your Netgear EAX15 and client are connected poorly||Connect your devices|
|4||WPS LED||Blinking green||WPS connection is being created between devices||You should wait|
|Solid green||Extender router connection (WiFi)||Enjoy using the internet|
How to Complete Netgear EAX15 Firmware Update?
Although the Nighthawk app will be the best method to equip your Netgear EAX15 AX1800 extender with the latest firmware version, we suggest you go with the browser-based approach. This is because you will get the opportunity to upload a specific version of the firmware manually. Don’t worry about getting the mywifiext.net not working error as it occurs because of no connection between the computer and the extender. You can use a LAN cable connection for the same. Here’s how to update the EAX15 firmware:
- Open a browser and download the latest firmware from the Netgear official site.
- Once done, visit mywifiext.net and complete the extender login procedure.
- Thereafter, find the MAINTENANCE tab and choose FIRMWARE UPDATE.
- Hit the UPLOAD button and choose the FIRMWARE FILE you’ve just downloaded.
- Upload the file and let the firmware update of the extender be completed.
The major benefit you will get after updating the firmware will be enhanced network security and improved efficiency.
Netgear EAX15 – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How fast is the EAX15 WiFi range extender?
A. You can achieve wireless network speeds up to 1800Mbps once you’re done with the Netgear EAX15 setup.
2. Where should you place the extender?
A. Ideally, the Netgear WiFi range extender must be close to the main WiFi router. You can maintain a distance of 8-10 ft between both devices. Additionally, you should place the extender in an interference-free zone.
3. Can I set up EAX15 extender using WPS?
A. Yes, you can complete the Netgear EAX15 setup using the WPS method. For this, you just need to press the WPS button on the extender and the main router within the time frame of 2 minutes.