Is Your Netgear Nighthawk Not Connecting to Internet?
The Netgear Nighthawk extender needs to get connected to the internet in order to fulfill the internet requirements of large houses. But, in some stances the Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet shows up and stalls a number of online activities. In this write-up, we’ve discussed some solutions to troubleshoot the same problem. Keep reading.
Why is Netgear Nighthawk Not Connecting to Internet?
The major reason why your Nighthawk extender is not connecting to the internet is its connectivity problem with the router. It is because the router is the internet source for the extender. So, you need to examine the connection between both devices. You can do this with respect to the source of the connection used.
- Wireless Source: If your Nighthawk range extender is sharing a wireless connection with the router, then you need to maintain a decent gap between them. On the off-chance, that you’ve placed them too far, then it is a no-shocker that your range extender is not connecting to the internet. It is because, in such a situation, both devices won’t be able to communicate. But, if you think placing them too close will solve the problem forever, then it won’t. The reason being, if you do so, the signals emitted by your devices will get involved in a clash.
- Wired Source: In case your Netgear Nighthawk range extender is connected to the main router or the host gateway through an Ethernet cable, then the issue might have arisen due to the cable’s damaged condition. Thus, check for the same and verify if what we’ve just said is true or not. Just in case you are wondering what to do if the cable is found damaged, then get it replaced with a new one. Moreover, ensure that the connection established by you is finger-tight and you’ve connected the cable to the correct ports of your Nighthawk range extender and the router. After making amends, consider accessing the Netgear Nighthawk login page to check if the internet connection is back or not.
Apart from the weak connection status of the router and extender link, an Internet issue from the end of the ISP, a network glitch, and the poor placement of the range extender can also be the reason. Walk through the next section to learn correct troubleshooting solutions.
Solved: Netgear Nighthawk Not Connecting to Internet
- Contact Your ISP: Get in touch with your Internet Service Provider and ask him if the internet is down for some maintenance. In case he agrees to the statement, then you are advised to wait until he fixes the problem. But, moving to the next hack will be a good idea in case there is nothing wrong with the end of the Internet Service Provider.
- Restart the Extender: Restarting the extender is another way to make it connect to the internet. For your information, restarting is an excellent solution to get rid of technical glitches. Just unplug your range extender from the power socket and wait for 10 minutes. Finally, connect the extender back to its respective power outlet.
- Change the Extender’s Location: In case your range extender is placed close to devices that emit electromagnetic frequencies, then you are suggested to relocate it. Yes, relocation is the best solution now. Your extender needs to be placed away from such devices so that its signals do not get diverted. Furthermore, keep your range extender away from reflexive surfaces.
After following the tips given above, you will be able to fix the internet connection issue with your Nighthawk WiFi range extender. To make sure that you do not face such a problem in the future, refer to the next section.
How to Avoid Nighthawk Extender Internet Connection Issue?
You should update the firmware of the extender regularly if you want to avoid facing such kinds of issues in the future. The firmware of the range extender can be updated via the mywifiext.net panel. So, pull up an internet browser on a computer or laptop connected to the extender’s Netgear_ext. After that, log in to the extender using the valid admin details. Thereafter, check if the firmware update is available for your range extender. If yes, then follow the on-screen prompts.
Keeping the firmware updated will keep the Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to internet issue at bay. But, in case you are still experiencing internet problems, you are suggested to perform a factory default reset on the extender. Just long-press the Reset button on the extender using a paper clip and set it up from scratch again.