Is Default Netgear Password Not Working?
“I have a Netgear WiFi range extender and want to set it up! But, whenever I am trying to log in to the extender using the default login details, it says “Invalid Password”. And, only because of this default Netgear password not working error, I am unable to log in to the extender and set it up. Please help! – A Netgear extender user!
On the off chance, you also have the same concern and looking for instant fixes to resolve “Netgear extender default password” not working issue, then this post can be of great help to you. Here, we have jotted down a few yet effective tips that will surely make the default Netgear password working for you. Hence, without further ado, keep reading this blog!
Default Netgear Password Not Working
Check the Password Entrée
First things first, you need to check the password entrée. It seems like you are committing some sorts of typing errors in the password due to which it is not working for you. So, consider a few points highlighted before prior to using the extender’s default password:
- Turn off the caps lock key while entering the password
- You must not use the shift key of your keyboard as well
After considering the above points, another tip that you can apply to get rid of the issue is to check the login password if it has entered correctly or not.
And, what is the login password?
The Netgear extender default password can be “admin” or “password” (without quotes). See and enter it very carefully! Or, best – you can copy the Netgear extender’s default password underlined here and paste it into the required field of the Netgear extender login screen.
Connect to Netgear Extender SSID
If the extender’s default password is still not working for you, then ensure that you are connected to your SSID of your device i.e. Netgear_ext (default). You can find the SSID of your range extender on the list on networks from your computer or laptop.
After finding the extender’s SSID – use the correct password to access it – and once you are accessing it, try to log in to the extender again.
Argh! Even after connecting to the extender’s WiFi, you are still facing the same issue? Yes? Don’t worry and don’t scroll away! There is a few more couple of tips that can help you overcome the issue. Keep reading!
Update the Web Browser
The web browser you are using for the login process must not be outdated. If it is, kindly update it first and then do login again using the correct default Netgear password.
Check Your Internet
Maybe your internet connection is not working fine which is why the extender’s default password is not working for you. Just verify it and ensure that everything is good going! After getting a good amount of internet range and speed, connect your range extender to it and see if the issue is fixed or not.
How do I connect my Netgear extender to the internet?
- Do you have a router? Yes!
- Is it up-to-date? Please confirm the same prior to proceeding further! If it needs an update, do the needful right away.
- Thereafter, using an Ethernet cable, connect the devices (extender and router), and log in to the extender using the default password.
Reboot Your System
Are you experiencing the same issue again and again? If you nod in yes, then it’s high time to reboot the entire system. Here are the steps to do so:
- First and foremost, disconnect your extender from your internet (router). Once you are done with it, disconnect your client device from Netgear_ext.
- Turn off the entire system, including router, extender, and your client device (s). Wait for 10-12 minutes and then, turn on your router first.
- Within a minutes, turn on your range extender and your PC/laptop (client devices).
- Execute the reconnecting process again between your devices and perform the login process again using the default Netgear password.
Here’s to hope that the default login details of your WiFi range extender are working for you? If yes, then without thinking much > enter the password > click Log In > and on the extender’s dashboard – setup Netgear Nighthawk extender by applying the given instructions in the systematic order.
The Last Words
Our blog post on how to cope up with “default Netgear password not working” issue comes to an end here. We really hope that the troubleshooting hacks we have provided here would have helped you with the login process using the default Netgear password with ease.