How to Perform Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Without WPS?
The Netgear wireless range extender is the perfect way to boost the speed of the existing WiFi network. It will enhance the performance of the WiFi network and remove the dead zone areas. If you are struggling with a low internet speed and you want to improve it, then the Netgear WiFi range extender is an ideal choice. If you have no idea how to configure the Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS button, then you are in the exact place where you are supposed to be. In this post, we will discuss the installation process of the Netgear range extender via manual method and the Nighthawk app.
Steps to Do Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Without WPS
The process to configure the Netgear range extender without WPS button is quite easy. You can use any of the two methods that we have discussed ahead to install the Netgear WiFi extender.
Once you get the extender box, unwrap it. To avoid any technical hiccups, check none of the things in the box are damaged. Once you verify it, move ahead.
1. Connect the WiFi Device
The first thing you need to do is grab an Ethernet cable and connect the range extender to the host router. Verify that the Ethernet cable connection is finger-tight.
2. Run a Web Browser
Once a strong connection is made between wireless devices, launch an internet browser on your client device. You can pick any browser of your choice such as Opera, Brave, Google Chrome, Vivaldi, Apple Safari, etc.
3. Access Netgear Web Page
The moment you open a browser, go to the URL bar of it and fill in the default web address and hit Enter. The default web URL is www.mywifiext.net. You can also use an IP address to access the web page. The default IP address is 192.168.1.250.
4. Enter Admin Details
As soon as you press the Enter key, the Netgear login window will appear. Here, fill in the default admin credentials in the required fields. Be sure while entering the username or password because they both are case sensitive. Along with that, make sure that the Caps Lock keys on the keyboard is also off.
Once you logged in, the Netgear Genie setup wizard will come into view. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup process.
Apart from this method, you can also use another method i.e. Nighthawk App to configure the Nighthawk extender. If you have no idea how to setup Netgear extender then no need to worry. Walk through the below-mentioned steps:
Before you begin, make sure that your mobile device is updated on its latest version. Along with that, confirm that your smartphone is free from viruses and fully charged.
- Firstly, unlock the smartphone.
- Connect the mobile phone to the internet.
- Once done, navigate to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store as per your device availability.
- In the search bar, type the Netgear Nighthawk app and tap the Search icon.
- Wait for a moment, results will display on the screen.
- Select the app and download it.
- Once installed, open an app.
- Here, fill in the default login credentials in the specified fields.
- The BASIC Home screen will come into view. Follow the on-screen prompts.
In this manner, you can easily complete the Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS button. But, sometimes, most users are not able to finish the installation of the Netgear range extender. If you are also facing this issue, then walk through the troubleshooting tips to complete the process.
- Make sure that your range extender and WiFi router receive a stable and ample power supply.
- Do not make mistakes while entering the web address.
- To get accurate results, always use the location bar instead of the Search bar.
- The web browser you use to access the Netgear Extender web page should be upgraded to its latest version and is free from all cache or cookies.
That’s it! We conclude our guide on how to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup without WPS button. We hope that with the help of this post, you can easily setup Netgear Nighthawk extender.