How to Factory Reset Nighthawk Router?
After the Netgear Nighthawk router configuration, you tried to access the router login page but you are unable to do so. Or have you forgotten the password of your device? Well, the only solution to all the issues is the factory reset. Are you confused about how to factory reset Nighthawk router? No worries, follow the steps in the same order to complete the process.
Methods to Factory Reset Nighthawk Router
There are various methods to reset the Nighthawk router to its default settings.
- Reset button.
- Nighthawk app.
- Web GUI.
You can use any of these methods to factory reset Nighthawk router. So, without wasting no more time, let’s begin.
Using Reset Button
The very first way to reset the Nighthawk router to its default settings is by using the Reset button. If you have no idea how to factory reset Nighthawk router then walk through the steps given below:
- Firstly, turn on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Wait till the LED turns on, find the Reset button on the wireless router.
- Once done, use an object such as a paper clip to press the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button.
- Wait for some time and release it.
In this way, you can reset the Netgear Nighthawk router just with a single push of a button. Apart from this method, you can also factory reset Nighthawk router by using the Nighthawk app.
Before you begin the reset process, make sure that your mobile device is free from viruses and upgraded to its latest version. Along with that, ensure that your smartphone is fully charged.
Using Nighthawk App
- Unlock the mobile phone.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Now, in the search bar enter the Netgear Nighthawk app and tap the Search icon.
- Wait for a couple of seconds, the appropriate results will come into view.
- Select the correct app, and download it.
- Once the app is installed, unlatch it.
- Enter the login details in the specified fields.
- The Netgear Nighthawk router admin window will appear.
- Here, navigate to the Settings option.
- After that, find the “Reset” option.
- As soon as you tap on it, the reset process will begin instantly.
But, sometime many users are unable to perform the reset using these two methods. If you are also one of them then do not lose hope. We have one more method such as a manual method to reset the Nighthawk router. Follow the tips discussed below:
Using Web GUI
This method is also called the soft reset method.
Run an Internet Browser
Once a strong connection is made between the Nighthawk router and modem, launch a web browser. You can pick any browser that you like. Whether it is Apple Safari, Brave, Google Chrome, Vivaldi, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser.
Note: To avoid any technical hiccups, make sure that your browser is upgraded. Aside from that, it should also be free from bugs and all the junk files must be deleted.
Access Web Page
Now, go to the address bar of the browser and enter the default web in it. Once done, press Enter. You can also use an IP address to access a web page.
Enter Login Details
The moment you press the Enter key, the Netgear Nighthawk router login page will come into view. Fill in the default admin details in the given fields and click Log In.
Reset the Router
Once you log in, Nighthawk dashboard will appear. Now, go to the settings and click on administration and then select the Backup settings option. Here, select Erase button and click on “Yes”.
In this way your Nighthawk router reset process is complete. Do not forget to perform the Nighthawk router set up again.
The Final Thoughts
That’s it! We conclude our guide on how to factory reset Nighthawk router. We hope that with the help of this post, you can easily reset the router.